- The Bioethics of Enhancement: Transhumanism, Disability, and Biopolitics, Rowman & Littlefield/ Lexington Books, 2016
- reviewed in The Hastings Center Report (2017)
Articles and Book Chapters
- “Second Thoughts on Enhancement and Disability,” in Oxford Handbook of Philosophy and Disability, edited by David T. Wasserman and Adam Cureton, Oxford: Oxford University Press, forthcoming
- “Critical Disability Theory,” entry, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, forthcoming
- “Obscured Social Construction as Epistemic Harm,” Journal of Social Philosophy Vol. 48, Iss. 3 (2017), pp. 344-358
- “Patient Interpretation: Kristeva’s Model for the Caregiver,” in New Forms of Revolt: Kristeva’s Intimate Politics, edited by Sarah Hansen and Rebecca Tuvel, Albany, NY: SUNY Press (2017): pp. 107-125
- “Horrible Heroes: Liberating Alternative Visions of Disability in Horror,” Disability Studies Quarterly Vol. 36, No. 1 (2016), Web
- “Continental Approaches in Bioethics,” Philosophy Compass Vol. 10, Iss. 3 (2015), pp. 161-172
- “Vile Sovereigns in Bioethical Debate,” Disability Studies Quarterly Special Issue: “Improving Feminist Philosophy and Theory by Taking Account of Disability,” Vol. 33, No. 4 (2013), Web
- “Reconciling the Disability Critique and Reproductive Liberty: The Case of Negative Genetic Selection,” International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics Vol. 6, No. 1 (2013), pp. 121-143
- “Pouvoirs de l’horreur,” entry in Contemporary Literary Criticism Series Vol. 367, series edited by Lawrence J. Trudeau, Farmington Hills, MI: Gale, 2014
- “Picturing Disability: Beggar, Freak, Citizen, and Other Photographic Rhetoric,” Journal of Literary and Cultural Disability Studies Vol. 8, No. 1 (2014), pp. 121-124
- I do not list manuscripts currently under review for the purposes of anonymous review.
- Feel free to email me for copies of my published papers.
- See my full CV